Vacations are not about how much your room costs or how fancy the hotel is. Vacations are about having fun!
The Riu Palace Paradise Island was definitely one of my favorites. My family also stayed 3 nights at the Atlantis on this vacation so we were a little concerned that following up the Atlantis with the Riu might be a tough transition. We had a really good time at the Atlantis but we had a Great Time at the Riu Palace.
The lobby at the Riu was beautiful and had a real open feel. They had an infinity pool that overlooked the beach, and another pool with a swim up bar and lounging chairs in the shallow end. The beach was very clean and had gorgeous sand and turquoise blue water.
We truly enjoyed the restaurants, especially Krystal. The buffet theme changed every day, and it was delicious and the service was incredible. Their 24 hour sports bar had good food and had all the games on. The service was very good, and the workers were very kind and helpful. The best part of the hotel was definitely the entertainment crew. All the ladies were super sweet and hilarious. They were very approachable and really made all the shows enjoyable. They had a lot of singing and performing talent. All of the girls interacted with the audience completely. This hotel was a very family friendly hotel with entertainment for the adults as well.
There is a lesson to be learned here for all the parents. Vacations are not about the room, how fancy the hotel is or how expensive the food is. Vacations are about having fun. The Atlantis was wonderful but the Riu Palace was all-Inclusive and the staff offered superior service. Kids want to hear yes on vacation and when you stay at the Riu it is all included! Say yes to your kids on vacation and say yes to Riu Resorts!
Below is the Hotel information on the Riu Palace Paradise Island!
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
- Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km / 1.8 miles from Nassau
- 100 m / 328 ft from “Atlantis”, the largest casino in the Caribbean
- 14-story building
- On beachfront
- Free sun loungers on beach
- 3 km / 1.8 miles to downtown Nassau
- Room service 24 hours a day
- “Atlantic” restaurant (non-smoking) with terrace
- “Krystal” Fusion restaurant (non-smoking)
- “Tengoku” Japanese restaurant (non-smoking)
- “Sir Alexander” gourmet restaurant (non-smoking)
- “Bahamas” restaurant (non-smoking) with terrace / grill and steakhouse
- “Colony” lobby bar”Calypso” lounge bar with terrace
- Sports bar (open 24 hrs, All Inclusive service)
- “Soca” poolside bar with swim-up bar
- Swimming pool (300 m2) with adjoining whirlpool bath
- Free sun loungers, towels and parasols by pool
- Sun terrace
- “Renova Spa” with massages and various treatments (additional charge)
- Free gym, sauna and whirlpool bath
- Use of the gym, whirlpool bath and sauna is restricted to guests over 18 years old. Sports shoes are compulsory when using the gym.
- Hairdresser and beauty salon (additional charge)
- Conference room
- Kiosk / gift shop and boutique
- Use of computers with Internet access (additional charge)
- Free WiFi throughout hotel
- 379 guest rooms
- Junior suites with:
- Turn down service
- 110 V
- Fitted carpet
- Free WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Liquor dispenser
- Coffee maker
- Satellite TV (flat screen)
- Electronic in-room safe (Laptop size 15″)
- Iron and ironing board
- Most rooms have partial sea view
- Suites with: Sitting area or living room area
- Sea view